Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sunday Lunch

I have sweet memories of Sunday lunch as a child. Sunday lunch meant lunch after church at Mamaw and Papaw's house where we ate either roast, pork tenderloin, or chicken and dressing with a side of butter beans or Mamaw's famous carrots (my favorite!!) and of course hot rolls. Left over rolls meant dinner for after Sunday night church- roast sandwiches. If there was extra rolls, then my little brother and I could have 2 of them to play our own game of communion in Mamaw's living room after lunch! Sunday lunch is also where I learned the art of setting a table for a big family meal and where I learned to make peach cobbler. Sunday lunch holds so many sweet memories for me filled with wonderful smells of Mamaw's kitchen. Today I took a few pictures of my own family at Sunday lunch. It looks a little different than what my childhood memories hold for me. Now Sunday lunch is either "What would be the quickest restaurant that is kid friendly?" or "Let's hurry home and get the kids down for the nap.....then I'll cook and feed the kids mac and cheese when they wake up!" Sad uh? But it is our reality. Maybe my boys will have sweet memories one day of special times they will share with me when they are older, but for now we made sweet memories at our Sunday Lunch today at Pei Wei .

A kiss for Mommy! Will making sure no one is looking.

0 comments: