Thursday, September 18, 2008

I'm on a Hurrication!







Because I have been out of school/work now since last Friday and will not return until Monday.....I feel like I have been on a Hurrication!




Top Ten things I have done on my Hurrication




1. Create 3 digital scrapbooks using Picaboo and Shutterfly....so much fun you must try!


2. Go on daily wagon rides/walks with my boys.....the weather has been wonderful!


3. Plan our family Halloween outfits...we are going to be Pirates and Will is our Parrot! 2 cute!


4. Plan Will's first birthday party.....The Very Hungry Caterpillar Theme because he is ALWAYS still HUNGRY!


5. Go shoe shopping for Ethan..... I thought because of the Hurricane the stores might be vacant and that was right...plus Stride Rite had clearance shoes!


6. Box up Will's newborn size clothing and get the 12 month old clothes out of storage.... my baby is growning up way to fast!


7. Feed the ducks at the pond with the boys.....by the way where do the wild animals go for shelter during hurricanes?


8. Go to the park with the boys!


9. Enjoy visiting with the neighbors outside while Ethan plays in the cul-de-sac with the neighborhood children......again the weather had been absolutely a dream!


10. Wash our sheets....pretty sad, but unfortunately it does not get done as much as it should while I am working




I guess these are all things stay at home moms get to do on a weekly basis. I on the other hand have enjoyed my week pretending to be a stay at home mom and will be glad to return to work on Monday. Don't get me wrong...I love being with my babies, but I also love my job and working.....it makes me a BETTER MOMMY!




So until the next school holiday.............

3 comments:

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

How totally perfect is your post's title: I'm on a Hurrication!"? AND, how precious is Will's first birthday theme: The Hungry Caterpillar?? Toooooo cute. That would have been PERFECT for Rhett; the kid eats like there's no tomorrow. Sounds like us moms kept busy during Ike. I, too, got a lot done, but the one thing that you did that I NEEDED to do (but didn't) was box up the boys' old clothes, bring down the correct sizes of Grant's old clothes for Rhett for the fall season, and get that whole clothes mess organized. It didn't happen. Maybe over Thanksgiving??? Glad you guys are doing well after Ike. I believe we will leave next time a hurricane comes as well. It's not worth sticking around for; too many scary sounds which makes for a LONG night. Plus, we were very fortunate this go-round to have power. Next time we might not be so lucky. Hey, you get a new fence out of it though- HOORAY. We lost our fence as well. We should have a "fence-rebuiding party"!! Then again, I do not plan to have anything to do with being outside, sweating and building something... so, we'll let the guys do that while you and I go shopping. The boys and I decided to leave "disaster central" and visit my parents in Granbury as Sugar Land was getting a bit too crazy for my blood and Kerry is in Chicago. Not sure when we'll be back... maybe when bread, milk and eggs are available in the stores. ha ha Well, this comment is long enough - can you tell I'm beginning to get bored with all this extra time?? Gosh - I hope the Albrights have power now. Bless their hearts!

Lauren said...

Great post, Kandy! I'm going to try out one of your 10 things--the digital scrapbook! I've been wanting to do it, and you just gave me the motivation. I'll call you for some tips...

auDi tHis woRld said...

Sounds like you really enjoyed your "hurrication" week with your family! Glad you are safe!