Sunday, April 5, 2009

Texas Bluebonnets

One of my favorite things about living in Texas is the Texas Bluebonnets in the spring time. I will always be a crawfish eating Louisiana girl, but I have become very fond of the Texas Bluebonnets. While we do not get to see very many of them here in the suburbs of Houston, I do get to enjoy them along side the interstate as we drive east to Louisiana in the spring time. And like every Texas Mommy...I dream of having the precious picture of my babies sitting in the bluebonnets framed somewhere in my home. I told David that this might be the year we could capture that moment. He told me of a patch that was growing in the park where he runs. So I made big plans.... I found spring shirts for the boys to wear, gave my allergy kid an extra dose of Clartin before we left the house (shhh..don't tell the Doctor), and made the glorious story to tell the boys about how we were going to see THE BLUEBONNETS and play in them! I figured we have a decent enough camera and really don't have to pay big bucks for a photographer to take pictures of our babies in the bluebonnets. Well.....it was almost mission accomplished. Who can get a 3 year old and 1 year old to look at the camera at the same time? Not me! After cropping out the power lines and cars which were driving past us, there pretty cute! Especially if you ignore the few weeds you see, the shadows of David and I, and the fact that Will probably does need a hair cut! They might even make it to a frame for the family room!




My Favorite!




Sweet brothers!





Maybe next year I will make the plunge and set up an appointment with the real photographer!
And yes..Ethan did sneeze all night long and even ended up in our bed by early morning!






0 comments: