Monday, June 22, 2009

Blueberries for Sal (or for Ethan and Will)

Will picking blueberries at a local blueberry farm in Hockley, Texas

Will eating a few!

David was not really thrilled to be spending his Saturday morning picking blueberries,
but he did anyway! That's why he wins the BEST Husband and Father award for the year!
Before we started picking!

My blueberry pickers!

Our trip to the blueberry farm reminded me of an old children's story, Blueberries for Sal, but in my case it was Blueberries for Ethan and Will! We left with just at 4 pounds of blueberries! I can taste it now-- blueberry smoothies, blueberry pancakes, blueberry muffins, blueberry cobbler, blueberry pie (well maybe not this one! I can't cook a pie to save my life!), etc.... Yummy!

Mommy helping Will find some blueberries!
Will was excited to get up close and personal with the farm dog! He was a sweet dog. He would just walk up and down the blueberry rows and play with the kids! Will was thrilled!
Time for a good nap on the way home!

Sweet dreams!



1 comments:

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

Looks like fun. I love how they both fell asleep with their little "blankets".