Friday, March 19, 2010

Call me Crazy!

We have been in this house since Friday evening... well except for our trip to the doctor on Monday. I have major cabin fever. It is beautiful outside, and I just want to wear my flip flops and enjoy the sun. I decided when I woke up yesterday that we were going to break out of this joint today! So after finding out that there was not a child friendly movie playing at the movies, Ethan could not run around and play inside of Stomping Grounds just yet, and the Natural Museum of Science is WAY TOO expensive (I do not know how they expect normal average families like ours to afford that rate.. $25 per adult and $12 per child..just to see a T-REX model...I don't think so!)..I decided we would venture out to the Houston Children's Museum. We haven't been since Ethan was a toddler and they have totally redone the place. What I didn't know was that it was their 1st Birthday celebration since the remodel and call me crazy, but I went during Spring Break and so did everyone else in the Houston area. It took me 30 minutes to find a parking space.. 5 blocks away in another parking garage that cost me 9 bucks. I think there was probably over 1000 children there and many more crazy parents like me.

24 dollars for admission
14 dollars for lunch at the Kid Cafe
9 dollars for parking
3 dollars for yummy real fruit popsicles that still had the watermelon seeds in them!
5 people that asked.. Surely your having a girl this time? No, one more baby boy!
Smiles on my boys faces and a very quiet car ride home......PRICELESS!!!


The boys pose after getting their faces painted. I did not ask them to do this, but thought it was funny that they acted their characters. Ethan as the superhero and Will the tiger!

The boys made an airplane..can't you tell?

The Water Works section was so much fun!


Will enjoying getting wet with some new friends!

Ethan working with a new friend to construct something cool! They worked really hard to make the water travel out onto the ground and on my feet!

Yummy Popsicles!

We had a blast at the Children's Museum

1 comments:

Lauren said...

That's awesome! By the way, I've met Will the Tiger before...he's quite scary. haha!

So I guess you'll be napping in the car this evening on our way to Louisiana??