Saturday, October 2, 2010

On This Day 5 Years Ago

5 years ago, God gave me a wonderful 10 pound and 2 ounce gift!




It was 3:30 in the morning on October 2, 2005 when I became the mommy of my sweet baby boy. He was born on 10-2, weighed 10 lbs 2 oz, and our room number in the hospital was 10. Ethan was a perfect 10!! Funny how God works, uh?

Ethan is no longer a BIG infant, but a BIG 5 year old. He is full of energy, questions, and wonder! Ethan has a HUGE heart that loves EVERYONE in his family and God. He even has a sensitive heart to ones he doesn't know. He prays and worries about the less fortune among our world and genuinely wants to help them. Even at a young age he fully understands the mission God calls us all to do and take care of those in need. I know that God has great things in store for Ethan, and I can not wait to watch them unfold. As we wait, I am soaking up all of these memories like the ones we made today.







Ethan requested a football birthday party with Chick-fil-a chicken nuggets, and that's what he got. Ethan planned it all-- the menu, guest list, and activity. We had a few friends over to play and watch football. He wanted a Texan jersey and helmet for his birthday. We really wanted to buy a black and gold Saints one, but hey it's not our birthday!! Our heart belongs to Louisiana, but I guess Ethan is a born Texan. His new bike was a BIG surprise. Not sure if I enjoyed watching Ethan ride on the bike or watching David as Ethan rode on the bike. David stood there with a permanent smile on his face. There was one point when I looked at David, and he said "I just can't believe it!" It is a surreal feeling seeing your baby riding on a BIG BOY BIKE. Where did 5 years go? I almost dread the day we take the training wheels off. I will have to get tissues for both David and me!

We had a great day. The weather was beautiful! Just perfect for backyard football. We enjoyed watching the kiddos play. I loved the noise and laughter that I heard coming from the backyard. The food was just right and the friends were even better! The only thing missing was our families, but I know they all were thinking of Ethan on his day!

Happy 5th Birthday to our Ethan Bradley! May you have many more wonderful birthdays!

4 comments:

The Whalen Family said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Boy!!!

Lauren said...

Yay--happy birthday, Ethan!! Great idea for the party theme!

Mindy said...

loved the party theme - it looked fun!

courtney said...

nice family picture. ;) and fun party!

i remember david making the announcement in bible class telling everyone you were pregnant with ethan. he made some reference to ron & amy and the pride they had announcing their children's upcoming arrival. it seems like a blink of an eye ago...and looking at ethan now makes me want to hold on to my girls and keep them little for as long as possible!

i love you guys!