Friday, December 12, 2008

Kandy turns the big 30!

My boys help me blow out my candles!

Ethan singing Happy Birthday to me!


Where David and I went for my birthday!





The entrance to Lost Pines!


David in front of Lost Pines!


Me making smores!


David and me snuggling by the fire!



The large Gingerbread house of Lost Pines!


Cute Couple!

That is the dress David bought me!



For those of you who have not heard about my romantic birthday weekend....here it goes!



On Friday, December 5, I drove into my driveway around 6:00 pm and saw my parents car parked in my drive way. David walked out of the house wearing a very large smile. I asked him why in the world my parent's car was in the driveway. He told me they were here to babysit. I was a little confused because it was Friday, and he had told me earlier in the week that on Saturday night he was taking me somewhere for my birthday (which he had bought me a black dress from White House/Black Market and a pair of new shoes to wear for our date that night) and he had already arranged the babysitter for that night! I told him I didn't understand. He then smiled and told me to get out of the car because we were leaving right now to spend the weekend away at Lost Pines Resort in Bastrop, TX! I was shocked and so surprised. I walked into my house to find my parents holding a birthday present and screaming surprise! I also found my bags packed, my house cleaned, and supper ready and on the table! That alone was heaven and a wonderful birthday present! David took and the afternoon off from work and was busy getting the house ready and bags ready for the trip!
Once we arrived at Lost Pines, it was totally romantic. If you have never visited Lost Pines, you must...it is wonderful! Check out their website! It was decorated for Christmas and everything was beautiful! The weather was cold and perfect! David scheduled me a manicure, pedicure,and massage on Saturday. I spent several hours in the spa! It was heaven! We watched football together, had breakfast in bed, ate at a fancy restaurant (which I wore my new dress to), made smores by the fire pit, snuggled by the fireplace, and looked at stars snuggled by each other while we sat at the fire pit! We left on Sunday and really did not want the weekend to end! But back to reality and children we came!

It was the best birthday ever! David was so proud of himself, and I think he is just the best husband ever! So that is why when he asked to leave this weekend to go hunting in Louisiana...I said sure----it's the least I could do.... considering!!!!

I love my HUSBAND!!!!






2 comments:

Lauren said...

WOW! David really did a great job! I've been to Lost Pines once (for a work thing) and it is amazing! You guys are just too cute together! Glad to see that the spark is still there after 2 kiddos. ;)

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

Alright, that's it: I am officially jealous. :)
So that's why your parents were at church that weekend and you guys were no where to be seen. As a matter of fact, to quote myself, I said to your parents when passing them in the children's wing at church, "Wow! I see you guys more than David or Kandy recently." ha ha
If anyone deserves such a treat, it's YOU! I L-O-V-E Lost Pines, and I am soooooooo glad that during your stay you did not have to rush to the ER. ha ha
It looks like you guys had a great time, and you certainly deserved an UNEVENTFUL weekend getaway.
Happy late 30th.