Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Please Pass the Turkey Leg!

I just had to share this picture of Ethan. One night after Thanksgiving, Ethan asked for turkey...you gotta love thanksgiving leftovers! I got the yummy fried turkey that Uncle Brett made for us out of the fridge and started to cut off some for Ethan. He stopped me and said, "No, I want a turkey leg!" Puzzled I looked at him and said, "Are you sure?" He replied, "YES!" So because when you are on vacation --- rules can be broken (least that is what I think)--- I gave him the whole turkey leg! He started chomping down on the leg without any hesitation. I left him there at Mems' island to eat. A few minutes later my mom, sister, and David started to laugh at him. He was enjoying it so much. My sister and mom looked at each other and almost at the same time they said, "We have a picture of you (Kandy) doing the same thing with a turkey leg at Thanksgiving!" I remembered the picture. I quickly snapped a photo of Ethan.......and here is his Mommy....enjoying a turkey leg in 1979.






Believe it or not...these pictures of Ethan and me were taken in the very same kitchen........just a 29 year gap between pictures! The kitchen has seen major updates in the recent years, but isn't that neat!

1 comments:

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

OMG! Your turkey leg kitchen memories are sooooo cool!! If walls could talk!