Saturday, August 6, 2011

Happy Birthday Daddy!

So this past week we celebrated David's birthday! David turned 33 on Tuesday. I always feel bad that his birthday doesn't ever get a big celebration. Unfortunately David married a teacher and when August rolls around I am in SCHOOL MODE FULL FORCE! I am eating, sleeping, and dreaming school right now! Sorry David!

The boys and I made cupcakes and bought a few gifts! Which were a total surprise to David. You see if you know David, then you probably know that he buys his own birthday gifts and I just wrap them. This year I told him to give me the money and he was going to be surprised. Well, I got to do it almost 100%. David brought me to the store and showed me a few things he would be interested in. Just in case I needed some ideas for his gift. Gotta love him!







Our cupcakes were not Food Network Cupcake War worthy, but they were made with LOVE

and yummy!

Ethan captured this moment after present time. Ethan loves to take pictures of us with my camera. David gave me a thank you kiss after our little family birthday celebration. Ethan witnessed our kiss and asked his daddy to do it again so he could take a picture.

I did not see the picture until I was downloading all the pics from my camera to the computer. WOW! My husband still loves me! Even with my messy hair and make up worn off from a hard day at work! When I saw the pic, I thought it was a great moment caught on film and the fact that my 5 year old thought it was a moment that needed to be documented was totally cool! I also think it was pretty awesome that Ethan witnessed such a sweet moment between his mommy and daddy. David is such a great husband and a wonderful example for our boys!
Happy Birthday David! We Love You to the Moon and Back!












1 comments:

Brett and Chrissy Holsomback said...

I think your cupcakes are Food Network worthy! And you and David are so precious and a great examples for those kiddos!